Friday, March 7, 2014

Sherry Briscoe, Author: It's Your Life, After All

Sherry Briscoe, Author: It's Your Life, After All: I had an interesting message from a friend today, who described her life as not her own. You see she has spent her life, college, career, ev...

I embody this post as I am one of those who has done for everyone else and never really done for myself.

 When I was younger, pre- marriage and motherhood, I wanted to be a lawyer. I met my now husband while I was in college studying a career my mother told me i was going to be great at.  I hated Psychology but it was an easy degree to attain so I stayed the course. I got pregnant with my son, who is now 14 when I was a sophomore in college and my life changed; everything i did then and have done since has been for the benefit of my child. Until about three years ago, I put every one of my dreams and goals on hold. I decided to write a screen play and joined a group that supported my new found hobby. that group led to many other fun goals I accomplished.  I  want very much to author a memoir or a book series and I used to use the fact I never had time as an excuse, but that is my mom's excuse, not mine, I do not feel right stealing her long used,and very treasured excuse not to succeed. I love my mother but I do not like the fact she always uses the" I cant afford to write,--- or I never have time-- or I need to focus on the job not the dream to pay bills" excuses.  I  have wonderful  idea and a few have actually made it from mind to paper to publisher. I am proud of the little I have accomplished and I will find a way to accomplish more... My son cannot be an excuse to not do.. the fact I need to pay off loans and other bills cannot be an excuse to NOT do.... maybe  I need to reexamine my excuses and see if I can fit  the needs I have into the reason I need  "TO do" pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment